Just a Little Something for Your Entertainment

Just A Little Something For Your Enjoyment

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tiramisu

On Saturday the 4th, my family and I went to Olive Garden in Des Moines. It was a relatively quiet day, as Olive Garden wasn't really busy. We got to our seats after just a five minute wait. We took very little time to come to a decision about what we were going to eat. We all had water and the Never Ending Pasta Bowl. We had salad and breadsticks while we waited. then we got our food and we ate. I had one bowl and then decided to have dessert. There was one dessert that really caught my eye. It was Tiramisu. I had never had Tiramisu, so I decided to try it. Tiramisu was a creamy custard over espresso soaked ladyfingers, topped with cocoa and chilled. The first bite was delicious. The rich, creamy custard went so well with the strong espresso flavor in the soft ladyfingers pastries. It was like a little piece of fantasy. I wanted to eat more, but the Tiramisu was very rich. I could only manage 3/4 of the delectable dessert. My mom and brother finished it. My dad was too busy eating his weight in pasta, salad, and bread sticks. My mom didn't like it because she doesn't like coffee, but I loved it and my brother liked it. I was inspired. Tiramisu became my new favorite dessert. Here is a picture of Tiramisu.



Tiramisu at Olive Garden in west Des Moines, Iowa.
http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/menu/?server_path=/menus/dessert/

You may need to input the city and state to find a menu.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the custard part, but not the coffee soaked ladyfingers or the coffee/cocoa on top. But that creamy layer was delicious!

    ReplyDelete