Just a Little Something for Your Entertainment

Just A Little Something For Your Enjoyment

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Candle

For a long time I have marveled over the beauty of a candle flame. The flame captures you attention and holds it. you feel like you could watch the flame dance and wave forever. It is an awesome thing. Electric lights just don't hold the same fascination. They focus on giving light, and not just showing beauty. To me, this proves that an awesome and powerful God exists. Humans could have never created the laws for fire. No "Big Bang"/molecular disturbance could have created such wonder. And a candle is just a small part of the world. Look at all of the animals and plants and ask yourself, "Could this all have been made by accident?". I took some pictures of a candle flame and I thought that you might want to see them. I also wrote a haiku about a candle. A haiku is a form of Japanese poetry, consisting of three lines following the syllable pattern five, seven, five.

 A Simple Candle
 Hands Around a Flame
 Even in Darkness, There is Light
 Olde Time

And here is my Haiku.

Candle

The flickering flame
It wavers and enchants me
It dances for life

6 comments:

  1. I like your blog, but where is your haiku?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos. I encourage you to play with taking photos of other things as well, test and see what you like and what you don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ejjel. I forgot to put it in. I put it in now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put into words that a simple flame demonstrates the wonder of God's creation...and how our manmade electricity doesn't "hold a candle" to God's designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always surprise with you sensitivity. Love you grandma maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Grandma. That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete